Every third Thursday of the month we have Community Clubs.
Clubs are open to every student at ICS.
We are so thankful for our club sponsors and their commitment to our students!
Please check them out and support their businesses!
clubs are open to ALL grade levels
Yearbook & Art Club – Calling students who like to take
pictures and are creative! Help design our school yearbook! Take photos of the
activities going on at our school.
Members will also be able to check out a camera to take pictures of
their class. Visitors from SVHS will also visit some of our club meetings!
2) Publix Club – Join staff members from Publix – learn about new
foods (sample some, too). We will also
explore nutrition tips, recycling, budgeting, recipes, and more!
3) Winn-Dixie Club - Join staff members from Winn Dixie – learn about
new foods (sample some, too). We will
also explore nutrition tips, recycling, budgeting, recipes, and more!
4) Karate Club– Hi- YA! Join this club if you want to learn karate and
skills sponsored North Star Karate
5) FLY Girls – Fashion, Life & You – this
club will feature activities about beauty tips, manners, style, etc. –for
6) Girls’ Inc. – This club will inspire girls to be strong, smart, and bold
with cool lessons and activities each month… members should not be involved with Girls’
Inc. programs already.
E.T.C.--Empathy. Thoughtfulness. Compassion. – Want to play cards, checkers, chess, and learn some new games? You will even learn some sign language. Come play! Join some of the residents from Episcopal
Place for this club and distribute some kind deeds to others.
Flight Club – Work with members of the Southern
Museum of Flight to learn about the history of flight, planes, and
more—there’s a nice field trip at the end of the year.
Irondale Public Library Club – Join a staff member of the Irondale
Public Library and participate in some cool Book Club activities! Field trip!
10) Lego Club – Imagine all the things you can create with Legos. Join this club and explore!
11) TechKnow (Chromebook) Club – spend each club time learning some
new things on our cool new Chromebooks.
12) Ruffner Mountain- Want to learn about nature and animals? This is the place
for that! Ruffner Mountain
13) Chess Club – Want to learn how to play chess? Join the chess club! You can be in this club EVEN if you were in
it last year!
14) Computer Coding Club– Use the computer and explore various programs and
websites. Some of our Robotics students will be in this club, too.
15) Kids with Character – participate in cool team building activities, make
things, and participate in interactive lessons – (First Baptist Church of
16) Birmingham Museum of Art – join this club and explore about all
kinds of art and get ready to explore and make some interesting things. Birmingham Museum of Art
17) IPD - do you like
detective work? How about solving
crimes? Join real police officers, learn
to investigate and learn what the Police Department does (sponsored by Irondale Police
18) Conservation Club – work with guests to learn about the great outdoors and how
we can take care of it
19) Master Chef – Learn how to cook and make some tasty treats (and sample
some food, too!) *students should not have any food allergies to join this club
by Becky Bryant)
clubs are grade level specific
20) Coding Club – join this club to learn how to create your own computer
code! (3rd graders only)
21) Buddy Club: These selected 5th
graders will work with Mrs. Helms and her students (crafts, cooking, games). (5th grade selected students) – 5th grade teachers select -see Mrs. Helms for more info.
22) Culture Club- Did you know that
French is an official language in 29 different countries? We're going to start
off exploring le monde francophone, discover how different cultures celebrate
holidays, and then you play the tour guide as we learn about the differences
and similarities of cultures around the world. (3rd/4th graders only)
23) TEAM sports – This club is open to any 4th/5th grader
who is interested in practicing and training for the ICS track team. If you are not able to be in this club but
still want to try out for the track team—you can do that in the spring. (4th/5th
24) Pottery– Join Mrs. Matherly and make your very own items from
clay. You will even learn about the
kiln. (5th graders only)
25) Game Time – join other students for a time of games. Play some games you know and learn some new
games also. (4th graders only)
26) St. Martin’s Friends – come play games, sing songs, make crafts, and have
treats with some special older friends from St. Martin’s in the Pines.(3rd graders only)